Friday, January 18, 2013

Thundersnow. And Man Things.

So, last night we were witness to a weather phenomenon called Thundersnow. Yes, that's a real word and a real thing. Apparently, the League of Weathermen were sitting around one night trying to think of the coolest and most intimidating thing they could name something so light, fluffy and beautiful like snow (Since snow was getting picked on by El Nino) and they came up with Thundersnow. Well played, weathermen. Well played.
We ate dinner at my mom and dad's last night and I hoped to spend some time with dad refinishing some axes. The news had been going on all day about this snowmageddonpocalypse thing, but I thought it was just hype. I mean, how bad can 4 inches of snow be, right?
Well, I got to mom and dad's at 6:45 and we started dinner. It was still raining, and turned to snow shortly after we started eating. After dinner, I looked outside and the grass had snow on it, but the road and sidewalk were totally clear. So dad and I went to the garage so he could show me how he refinishes axes. (That's right. My dad refinishes axes. Totally Bad A, I know.) We were down there for 15 minutes, and all of a sudden we heard thunder. Steph came down the steps and said we had to get going because the roads were covered. In 15 minutes. Seriously.
Long story short, we left right after that and it took us 2 hours to get home, a total 20 mile journey. Thundersnow was totally living up to its name.
Our office opened late because of the snow, and so Steph and I put Sadie in her snow suit and headed outside to get her exposed to her first snow. As soon as we sat her down she started rubbing and playing in the snow. She loved it!
Here are some pictures of her in the snow, as well as some of the stuff dad's doing with the axes.
 Before and After a Vinegar Bath

 The hatchet Dad's going to teach me on


 Smoothing out the blade before sharpening



Rubbing the snow.


 Her snowman. We made it for her




No comments:

Post a Comment