Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The beach

We spent last week at Holden Beach with the Cox family. It was a lot of fun and a great way to relax after all the craziness of the past couple of months.

We stopped over in Wilmington to see my Brother and his wife and the rest of my extended family. Over the past couple of years, the Vernon family has migrated to Wilmington to help my uncle with his church, called Crosswinds. We ate barbecue with the family and spent the night with Susie and Billy, my aunt and uncle. After breakfast in downtown Wilmington with Mandi and Bryan, (I had a screwdriver at breakfast. It was vacation. Get off me.) we wandered around for a bit and then made our way to Holden to meet the Coxes there.

We ate lunch at the Provision Company with my mom and dad and Kyle and Hillary. Shrimp burgers from there will be in Heaven. I know they will. Jesus might even make them.

We got settled into the house and our vacation officially started. The house was a bit dated, but it was on the canal and had a floating dock that we could fish off of.

It was a week of hanging out at the beach, watching more Olympic events than I ever have before, and playing games with the Jonathans. (JTFL. If you don't know, you don't need to.)

Sadie got spoiled by hanging out with her grandparents all week and not being put down until night time. It was great though, as Steph and I were able to spend a lot of time out on the beach, which we wouldn't have been able to do if we had gone without the family.

The vacation went by all too fast, and now we're back in the real world. Steph's working from home (picture of her work buddy below) and I'm taking over a new team at my place of work.

Here are some pics of Sadie at the beach and at "work" with her mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment