Friday, September 28, 2012

4 months old

Sadie had her 4 month old checkup on Monday, and she's 23 inches tall and 14 pounds, 4 ounces. She's right where she should be with her weight, but she's pretty short for her age. Granted, Steph and I aren't going to dunk any basketballs ever, and the Dr's not worried about it, so we're ok.

She's recently figured out her ability to scream, and she does it with much joy on a regular basis. She carries on conversations with us now, and I think it's only a matter of time before we hear mama and dada. She's getting much better with her hand eye coordination and can get most things to her mouth with ease. She explores our faces when we're close to her, and she loves to see us. It's so great to watch her develop more and more each day. I'm really excited, and can't wait until she's crawling and walking around. Christmas should be a lot of fun.

We ate dinner with some friends last night who have a 2 year old son named Isaac and a 2 month old daughter named Blair. Isaac loved Sadie and kept giving her kisses. Sadie would mess with his face and give him the open mouth kiss that she gives anything and everything that comes close to her lips. I think she's got her first boyfriend. I didn't get a picture of the kisses, but here's Isaac trying to make Sadie smile.




We spent some time this past weekend going through her dresser and closet to get ready for the move to 3-6 month clothes. She's getting a little big for her 3 month outfits, so we wanted to make sure everything was washed and ready. We not only found a crap ton of 3-6 month outfits, we also found a drawer full of 0-3 and 3 month clothes that we completely forgot about. We don't use her nursery that much now, and I apparently put some clean clothes in there instead of our bedroom. It's amazing the amount of clothes this child has, and we haven't even bought that many clothes for her. Gotta love showers and grandparents!

Here's a picture of Sadie wearing a dress that my mom bought for her. I think she'll only be able to wear it one more time, but she looked really cute in it.



And finally, here's one of Steph getting Sadie to laugh. It's a week or two old, but I love it.



My birthday is this weekend, so we're going to do some wine tastings and spend some time shooting potato guns and real guns to celebrate my last year as a 20 something. It's hard to believe I'll be 29, but my grey hair and inability to lose weight without trying really hard tells me that I'm there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment